Friday, March 19, 2010

"first week" of Gmailing

i've started using Gmail in may 2008, and since then it is my main email address (took over from my yahoo mail account).
before i started using it, i was very happy to see that my name is available to be my new email address...as my old yahoo wasn't really easy to remember (greenorge@yahoo.com)...and from that moment my email was my name.my last name@Gmail.com.
as i started using Gmail, first thing that was different was the way of storing emails, and whole filing system...so organized and so different. conversations instead of emails, labeling...sooo handy!
second, more than enough storage space, and a lot more.
then...Gmail chat...later gtalk.... opportunities for so much.
now...i'm on gmail all the time...even as i'm writing this, i'm arranging a night out with friends..on gmail chat.

all this i've just mentioned are great features of gmail that can easily have positive impact on student and teacher performances and communication and so many more. we just need to explore all the possibilities...and use them!

enough for the first time...i guess...

1 comment:

  1. Why greenorge? :)

    I've personally never had a problem using my first and last name for an email address. Life's just super easy when your last name is a bit unusual. I guess being able to easily open an email account with your name makes up for substitute teachers not even trying to pronounce it all through high school and calling you... "Ummm... hmmmm....?" until you just put your hand up and let them off the hook. ;)

    ReplyDelete